BOIL WATER NOTICE - BALLINASLOE PUBLIC WATER SUPPLY SCHEME
Date of Boil Water Notice: 6th of December 2015
Following advice from the Health Services Executive, Irish Water and Galway County Council are issuing a Boil Water Notice on the Ballinasloe Public Water Supply to protect consumers.
This notice applies to consumers on the Ballinasloe Public Water Supply and includes all areas supplied by the scheme i.e. Clontukert, Kiltormer, Laurencetown, Eyrecourt who must boil water before use. A map of the scheme, with a list of townlands, will be made available on www.water.ieas soon as possible.
1: Water must be boiled for:
You Must Boil Your Water for:
• Drinks made with water
• Preparation of salads and similar foods, which are not cooked prior toeating
• Brushing of teeth
• Making of ice
2: What can use water for:
You can use your Water for the following:
• Personal hygiene, bathing and flushing of toilets but not for brushing teeth or gargling.
• Boil water by bringing to a vigorous, rolling boil and allow to cool. Cover and store in a refrigerator or cold place. Water from the hot tap is not safe to drink.
Please ensure the following:
• Domestic water filters will not render water safe to drink.
• Caution should be taken when bathing children to ensure that they do not swallow the bathing water.
• Discard ice cubes in fridges and freezers and filtered water in fridges. Make ice from cooled boiled water.
4: Only use Prepared Water for the following situations.
Only use Prepared Water (boiled and cooled) for the following:
Note the following advice:
• Anyone suffering from diarrhoea (i.e. 3 or more loose bowel motions in a 24 hour period) for more than two days should contact their general practitioner and provide a stool sample for testing. They should continue to drink plenty of boiled or bottled water.
Copy of full notice on www.galway.ie
Irish Water Customer Contact Centre: 1890 278 278
Visit Galway County Council on Facebook for more information
CLICK HERE to read the Latest Ballinasloe News Articles